Why Tweet?

Last weekend at intensive, we did a journaling exercise in Creativity and Right Livelihood class. We built up through the questions, "What do I consider my personal identity?" and "What are my core competencies?" to the ultimate question of, "What is my purpose?" Yes, that general. Purpose. By the time I go to that question, I knew exactly what to write, so I quickly wrote down my response and shut my notebook.

"My purpose in life is to learn and to share."


Simple as that. Funny, though... It only occurred to me the next day that this is exactly why I love Twitter so much. It's one giant conversation, all about learning and sharing. At least it is the way I use it most of the time. I mine it for links and retweet what I find interesting. I only wish I could be more judicious about who I follow...

1 Response to "Why Tweet?"

  1. Bonnie J. Wallace says:
    October 11, 2009 at 12:54 PM

    Beth,
    I love this. From what I know of you over this past year, your purpose is totally consistent with who you are in the world. I also appreciate the light you shed for me on the higher uses of Twitter: if I can use it to learn and to share, than bring on the tweets!!

Post a Comment